Holiday is time for giving, and every holiday season I look for teachers gift ideas ~ having a child with special needs means that I depend a lot on his teachers and truly appreciate everyone’s hard work – as cute and adorable as he is, I know that it takes a special person to work with a special needs child. So every holiday season I look for little teachers gifts to say that extra thank you. While I have to watch my budget (most of these are between $15-35), I always want to find something nice and special. And here are my favorites this year!
- ProCurl Eyelash Curler $22: When I shop for gifts, I don’t always put practicality first. A gift is a treat and should be something that a person would not necessarily be willing to spend her hard earned money on. And this eyelash curler is a perfect example ~ I mean not every girl is willing to spend $22 on an eyelash curler when $5 would pay for a curler (may
be just not as perfect or as shiny). But as a gift, it is so fun to have this beautiful and well designed curler in your makeup bag.
- L’Occitan Cleansing and Softening Shower Oil with Almond Oil ($10-25) ~ One of the certainties of being a teacher is that you have to get up very early in the morning and be up and running and ready for our kids by 8AM or even earlier. And being an early riser myself, I love more than anything to use this shower oil because I am always running late and barely ever have time to put on a body moisturizer. To me, shower oil is the best substitute. This almond shower oil comes in a 2.5 oz ($10) or 8.4 oz ($25) container. It also comes in a gift set with other “L’Occitane oil favorites ($19)
- Bottega Louie Macarons $32 (a 15 piece macarons box) This downtown LA bakery/restaurant/cafe hybrid is a favorite, and you don’t have to be a local to get in on the delicious fun! They’re especially known for their macarons, and you can order them online. They have pre-made boxes with set flavors, or you can choose the flavors yourself. Choices range from Rose Champagne, to Salted Caramel, to pistachio, to vanilla, of course. Total deliciousness and a gorgeous presentation.
- The Rail Plaid Scarf ($25) ~ Lets not forget about our male teachers! The scarf’s classic plaid pattern makes it a great universal gift.
- The System To Go – Formula X/Sephora in Dynamite Red $16: This is a great quality mini essential ~ four step (cleanse, base coat, nail color in my favorite Dynamite red, and top coat) manicure kit that truly shines and lasts. I wear Dynamite red through all of December and just love it! And if you feel you want to add some more things, trow any of the Sephora Collection brightening eye masks ($5) ~ these masks are the best gift fillers for every woman!
- Travel sleep mask for him ($15) ~ this is another one for men. I thought that a sleep mask is a great teachers gift idea, don’t you think? (and here is my absolute favorite Wildfox sleeping mask ($28) for her!)
- Timed LED Marquee Initial Light (now on sale for $19) ~ Love sparkles and lights everything this holiday season! These vintage inspired lights make a teacher’s (or anyone’s) space so personal and fun. There is a built in timer which allows easy customization for the display. (I wish I knew about these when I bought my non-customizable initial lights!)
- Kate Spade New York ~ Places to Go, People to See book ($33) I absolutely love this book! If you ever want to travel the world, it should be in Kate Spade style. The adventurous, colorful, and magical wisdom of a Kate Spade girl is just so inspirational. It reminds me to treat every day as an adventure!
- Zyliss Milk Frother ($10)~ I use mine for tea, coffee, latte, hot chocolate, you name it! Also, this year I fell in love with the idea of putting together gift boxes (I think that pulling three or four little things out of a gift box instead of one is so much more fun!). And since I don’t know too many people who would not absolutely love hot chocolate during the winter season, I love filling small jars (which can be very useful in everyone’s kitchen!) filled with hot chocolate shavings, marshmallows, and peppermint sticks. Yum!
Hope this helps!