There is no denying that having healthy, soft, and bright skin feel great. But somehow we still manage to do things that age our skin, like forget sunscreen, fall asleep with the make up on, or not drink enough water. I’ve found, though, that a simple daily skincare routine can help skin glow and look beautiful.
Every season requires some adjustments to a daily skincare routine, and so these are the skincare products I’ve been using this season. I swear by every single one of them and feel that they do a very good job at keeping my skin healthy and happy.
1. Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Brightening Cleansing Cloths: I wish we had cleansing cloths when I was younger. I swear I would never fall asleep with my make up on! I discovered cleansing cloths 10 or so years ago, and haven’t slept with make up on since. After trying a few different brands, I found that these Ole Henriksen cleansing cloths are the best for dry and sensitive skin. Infused with radiance boosting vitamin-C, these cloths are my must haves all year round.
2. Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Purifying Cleansing Oil: There is no need to aggressively overclean the skin for it to glow, but don’t think that using cleansing cloths is enough to remove the makeup off of your face, and using a cleanser after the cleansing cloth is a must. I LOVE this gentle oil-based cleanser, and it cleanses all the leftover makeup and impurities while leaving my skin soft and dewy.
3. AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel: Every 2-3 days I use this natural peel infused with papaya enzymes to remove dull dry cells and toxins. It smells amazing, and comes in a form of dry powder that foams when rubbed with wet hands. (just don’t keep it in the shower hehe!)
4. Bobbi Brown Extra Treatment Lotion: I use this lotion (I call it Toner) before my moisturizer. I use it during winter months to boost my skin’s moisture and enhance the performance of the moisturizer. I don’t always use the same product line for my moisturizers, but I bought Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil, Extra eye cream, and Extra moisturizer as a set (all for $95!), and very happy with the results, especially during the winter months when my skin is thirsty for extra moisture.
5. Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream: The skin around my eyes has all the problems that come with being in your 40s ~ dark circles, puffiness, crow feet… But lets get real, no cream can bring back youth, so the next best (and realistic) thing is a good hydrating cream that helps concealer and foundation com on nicer and look more natural. With this cream, a little goes a long way ~ I warm a little bit of the cream between fingers and gently pat around my eyes.
6. Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Cream: while I use Dr. Hauschka face cream during the Summer months, I turn to heavier products once the weather gets colder and dryer. This Bobbi Brown cream is one of my favorites for its powers to boost the skin’s ability to hold moisture. I use it daily after showering and happy that my skin loves it.
7. Josie Maran Argan Daily SPF 47: Even if it is winter, sunscreen is important ~ we want our skin to stay healthy, bright, and beautiful as long as possible. I am absolutely obsessed with this Josie Maran sunscreen. It is all natural, chemical free, and lightweight!
8. CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Face Spray : This spray can be used as a toner or as a makeup setter, but I often use it to hydrate and recharge my skin on a dry winter day or before and after a flight.
9. Sephora Collection Face Masks: my favorite ones are Rose Mask (ultra moisturizing and brightening) and Pearl Mask (perfecting and brightening). These face masks are quite inexpensive ($6 each), but they do the job perfectly. I often pamper and brighten the skin before (or after) a night out or just on a Sunday morning. These masks make awesome gifts to any woman (and man, I should add). They make excellent hostess gift and stocking stuffers.